8 May 2014

Space!


Is it Prog? YES.


In the true spirit of Prog I'm starting with something ridiculously over ambitious and far more vast than I can cover in a sensible amount of time in order to hold your attention.

Of course Space is Prog. It goes on and on for bloody ages, and in the grand scheme of things it's actually very rare that you come across some decent content to focus on. Not unlike this blog in fact. Most of it is pretty much featureless and only serves to make the interesting bits even more impressive, but it's all good in its own way.


When I'm trawling Wikipedia and reading Space related content, I often find myself clicking through pages which focus on physics and chemistry, planetary trajectories  and interstellar clouds, all of that gubbins, and science by its very definition is progressive. Constantly trying to better itself and discover new ways of doing things, that's what it's all about. Just when you thought you knew your favourite Prog album back to front, you give it another listen and something else you never noticed before will jump out and grab you. Science!


I think to most people, Space evokes images of the distant future, when technological advancements will hopefully bring us a lot closer to exploring ever more distant worlds. That's Prog as f**k.


So we're off to a good start, I reckon. The list of things we could cover is probably endless, be it an album or a band, or even just a random object. I think I might do Lego next, or Lighthouses, those are pretty Prog. So send in your suggestions for future topics by leaving a comment. Feel free to agree or disagree, let me know what you think of the site, and also point me towards new bands. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta.