12 May 2014

Riverside


Is it Prog? YES

I'm fairly happy this evening, I'll tell you why.

I f**king love new Prog. Neo-Prog, Avant-Garde, Art-Rock, Neo-Art-Rock, Avant-Garde-Neo-Prog. Whatever. I'm regularly on the hunt for new tracks and artists to take me on a journey somewhere. Every now and then however I'll stumble across a new group completely by accident, who take me completely by surprise. Earlier this evening I was browsing YouTube for some live Porcupine Tree, and these guys managed to find their way to the top of the suggested videos.

By the looks and sounds of things they already seem to have a huge (and well deserved) following. So I'm pretty late to the party, but I'm used to this by now, after all I was born too late to catch one of my favourite bootlegs being recorded in my home county.

Here's a clip from a live DVD of theirs, it is truly beautiful.


Long story short, I recommend you check them out. I don't have a lot of info right now, but I shall certainly be educating myself further as to their back catalogue.

So, thanks for reading. Remember, send me your suggestions as to bands, objects, artworks, all of that.

I'm off for a pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta.